1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm confused about this!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Stingray10, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Stingray10

Stingray10 Thread Starter

Does Vista Home premium create restore points?My sister bought a new laptop with this installed.She told me it wasn't booting properly so i tried to do a system restore but there was no restore points created!!!It's a Compaq laptop.Also how do i go about finding the product key for this seeing she never got a Vista cd with this?Perhaps someone who uses it might share some info with me on this.:eek:

2. unbidden

unbidden

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    There should be a Genuine Windows Vista label on the bottom of the laptop with the Activation Key.

If the laptop is like the Compaq model I bought a while ago for home with Vista Home Basic, there is a recovery partition on the hard drive that permits restoring the laptop to fresh from the factory conditions. This will wipe out all user installed software, and any user created documents and downloaded files. I can not recall if there is an option to do a repair install of Windows that does not touch user data files.

My computer did not come with Windows recovery discs either. The software on the recovery partition had the option to burn one set of recovery DVDs or CDs.

4. Stingray10

Stingray10 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/634877

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice