1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm Finally Back!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Bush Lady, Aug 4, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

I couldn't get on the internet for about 4 days. At first I thought it was a virus. I was scanning with Avast and it couldn't find anything.

I think there must have been a problem with the server. It sure is a good idea to not jump to conclusions and think about what is going on with your computer. I could update my virus data base everyday. If there was a virus in the computer, I think that the virus wouldn't let be update.

I didn't call the server because they have, what can I say, packy's answering the phone. I just don't like talking to those people unless I have to.:p

It is a good thing that I didn't go anywhere and sent money to fix a computer, that didn't need fixing. :eek:

2. izme

izme

Welcome back Bush lady :)

3. katonca

katonca

Good to have you back BL :)

4. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

And what I had looked just like a virus. When I tried to open a web page, after a few seconds it would dissappear.

Just a warning to you green horns, when it comes to computers. Don't jump to conclusions and start to spend money for nothing. You are going to bring the computer in to a place and tell them there is a virus in it. They are going to check it out and will not find anything. And guess what you are still out what ever the money was they charged for checking it out.

And they may even tell you they found something even if they didn't because they want your business again. ;) :p

Just one more thing, I was talking with someone on a computer chat line. This person also said it is a virus.

5. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome back BL! (y) :) One more lady for CivDeb today...we'll leave on the figh...er...lights! ;) :D

6. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

Hi Angel.....:D

I am still not 100%. I have tried a few times today and the computer was still doing the same thing. But I am type now so.....it must have been the server. ;)

7. angelize56

Did you run HJT and see if anything strange was in the log?

8. JEBWrench

JEBWrench

Welcome back, BL. :)

9. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

No I didn't, but maybe it would be a good idea if I did.

10. angelize56

Let us know what you find out!! :)

11. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Post in security, and post a link to the thread here, I saw this post, and if no one jumps on the security thread, I can beckon someone ;)

12. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice