1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm getting system 32 errors...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Barodurn, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Barodurn

Barodurn Thread Starter

I reciently bought a new computer from a small computer store and we installed a few games and programs on it. shortly after I began recieving 'system 32 errors'. The message occurs at any time in varoius programs and sometimes when I am on the internet. It occasionally liocks up the system, other times it just works itself out. The store where I got it was little help. THey just want me to bring it back and pay to have it fixed. I'd only use that as a final effort. I have repaired pc's in the past but this one has me stumped. All I want to know is what does the system 32 error relate to and what could be done to fix it?

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

what is the entire error message?

Have you done all your critical updates at microdoft?

3. Barodurn

Barodurn Thread Starter

Thw message that I get simply says "system32 error" and nothing else... it has me kinda stumped because it doesn't say illeagel opperation od any thing like that. As far as the mocrosoft updates I haven't has the time to download them. It'll probably take forever unless you have some sudestions. Thanks

4. tangojvg

tangojvg

I get much the same and have for the past few months. Yes, I do take critical updates all the time and am sure it's tied tto them. I get the message when I go to open up attachments sent to me by friends, In one case, it was a audio file that I sent him last year. Now I can't open it. The message that comes up reads

c:\windows\temporary internet files\content. IE5\UV2EM55M\christmas.(christmas is part of the name of the file) PPS is not a valid win32 application.

5. Barodurn

Barodurn Thread Starter

Well I just downloaded the windows critical updates here's hoping it fixes things. I'll let you know
    thanks

6. deanas

deanas

If the errors are coming from window's
    temporary internet files, you could try
    to delete them. Make sure your in the right folder
    as you can wipe out windows with this.
    Reboot computer into dos and type:
    cd c:\windows\intern~1
    press enter. Then type:
    deltree *.*
    press enter. It should confirm you want to
    delete.
    Windows will recreate these files next time
    you log go on the internet.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice