1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm having a "Signal out of range" error WHILE installing Windows

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hoviethoang, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hoviethoang

hoviethoang Thread Starter

Well, here's the deal: yesterday, I were trying to download a cool game to my computer (minecraft) from the game's site itself, but somehow, there seemed to be a pretty annoying virus came along (just my guess)so I deleted the file and downloaded a better version (which actually worked) but still, the virus made Mum go crazy, of course I didn't tell her the truth, and then she think that the problem might be the old OS, so she inserted the disk and put me in charge. It didn't go well, the installation froze at 29% for no apparent reasons, and so I cancled the setup. Back to the destop, I tried to play the game again, and this time, it said that my video card is below requirement, so I adjust the resolution to highest >.< and you know what happens next... Then, I found a helpful thread on this site which told me to enable VGA or something, I did, and the welcome screen came up, but the setup was still running, so I cancled it, and it rebooted the computer, and then I'm all the way back to the start :( please help me if you can, I'll be very very very grateful (y)

2. kentjameslc

kentjameslc

3. JadeFalcon

JadeFalcon Banned

you will need to reinstall windows, follow the instructions that Kent posted

as for the game what (out of sync) means is that, computers output their video on what is called a frequency, that is to say how many times it writes the screen per second... most household tv's are 50hz/60hz but computer monitors go higher, when it says out of sync... there is either no source video coming from the computer or the computer is outputting a frequency that the monitor cannot handle.

please always download from a reputable source, and always use antivirus as there are literally millions of viri out there, there are quite a few good free anti virus tools out there but i use and would recommend avast but its up to you, horses for courses and all that :)

4. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1047955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice