1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm having problems with dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thecool1, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thecool1

Thecool1 Thread Starter

So I decided to try dual monitors, but I'm having a few problems:

1. How do I add my icons to the first monitor while still keeping them on the second? I tried copy/paste, but it doesn't support icons with the same name.

2. I downloaded Ultramon, and it let me add another taskbar, but not the start menu, the icons next to it, and the clock and the icons next to it.

3. How do I make it so games won't minimize when I use the other monitor?

Oh yea, Ultramon only has a 30 day trial period. Is there anyway to do this without it, or are there any other programs?

2. Thecool1

Thecool1 Thread Starter

Uh, bump. It's been 30 days and the trial has now run out. At this time my only concern getting a second toolbar, although I no longer care about the start menu, clock, ect.

Yea, I know this is a rather large bump, but I figured I could save time by just updating this topic, besides, it's not like this topic is dead from this point on.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Try this ..
    Create shortcuts to your Icons .. and place them in a new folder.
    and/or .. COPY your existing shortcuts to this folder.

Then using a Click n Drag ... drag this folder off the screen to the right, top or bottom wall of you right screen.
    Then set the new toolbar to auto hide if you want.

Attached Files:

4. Thecool1

Thecool1 Thread Starter

Thanks, but I was hoping for a more standard toolbar.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sorry .. That's all I know about.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice