1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm having some big problems with Real Player/Nero 7- please help!!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by The Castle, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Castle

The Castle Thread Starter

I'm having several problems with real player and Nero 7.

1. With some of my Real Player RAM files I'm being told I need a plugin for the file, I don't know where I get ones to go with the specific file types- does anyone know?

2. If I insert a blank CD-R disc it says the disc is full! I know for a fact that there is nothing on the disc but I am being told otherwise- why? It is a trial version of nero 7 by the way.

3. Nero tells me it cannot cache the files before it burns them, why not? They are prefectly normal files?

4. When I cue several files up on to be burnt to a disc on real player it says "Will not fit on disc". I don't understand, it's a blank disc and I've checked and double checked that there's enough room. There's only a few files anyway and I'm burning them onto a data cd.

If anyone can help me with any of the above it would be hugely appreciated!:)

2. officialblueboys

officialblueboys

1) Real Player automatically download plugin to play the files

2) Are u sure ur puttin tat bland cd in cd-writer or dvd writer

3) dunno abt it

4) Are u tryin to burn an audio cd. If that's the case that cd can occupy only max of 22 songs(it depends on how much long are ur songs not their size)

3. face1

face1

You can not burn .ram files to disk. They are only text files that tell the real player where to find the actual file. Try this...

Real Media is essentially a "streaming only" format. It is not intended to be downloaded. There is a work around for download, but it requires entering correct, absolute file paths to get the actual .rm (media) file vs. the .ram (text) file.

RIght click real audio / video link you want to download and save target to your desktop. Go to the saved .ram file on the desktop and right click > open with > notepad

When it opens in notepad, cut & paste this URL in the IE address bar and hit “Go”. The file will start downloading to your temporary internet files folder on your hard drive.

After the file downloads, you must not close out Internet Explorer, just minimize and go to the location of your temp/internet files for IE. ( Usually C:\Documents and Settings\*******\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files where ******* is your windows login/user name )

Move the .rm file out of this file to another folder. Now the file may be played after download.

Go Here http://www.aaprimarypurpose.org/RealHelp.htm
    and get the StreamBox ripper program to convert the real audio to MP3 or .wav files for CD burning

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!