I'm having trouble booting off two sticks of ram

jamiebethel99

So last night out of the blue my computer just shut down and on restart the motherboard light went yellow meaning there is an issue with the ram. I took one stick out from slot b1 leaving just 8gb in a1 and it works fine. I've swapped both sticks around so I know there is no problem with either of the ram sticks as my pc boots fine on just 8gb. I tried change settings in bios by changing the docp from disabled to a premade profile and the pc booted fine but after 5 minutes it shut itself down again..

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200429220211.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (492 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING, ver Rev 1.xx,
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: 360 Total Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Thanks in advance for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online