1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm having trouble converting rmvb videos

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by K4tz, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K4tz

K4tz Thread Starter

Ok, heres the situation: I have a bunch of rmvb files (which are all very similar) that I want to convert for use on an ipod. MOST of the files will convert absolutely fine but some just crash the converter without an error message. The original files play fine on media player classic and I can't really find anything wrong with them. They always seem to crash at the exact same point (for instance the one I'm trying to get working at the moment crashes at 19%). I have tried the free jodix converter and the xilisoft converter and they both have problems on the same files. I'm sure I have all the right codecs to get this working. I'm running on XP Home btw.

Can anyone suggest a solution or shed some light on why this is doing this? Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!