1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm in trouble. I think Windows XP is deleted.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cwtcc55, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwtcc55

cwtcc55 Thread Starter

My computer was on but did not respond out of sleep mode when I tried to access it. I had to shut it down manually and when I turned it on it told me a file was missing. I put my Windows XP home edition upgrade CD into the D: drive and it uploaded some files. I then got it to run the check disk utility like it was starting up normally but after that it told me there was an error and now it tells me there is no operating system. I'm not sure what happened but I really hope there is some way for me to use my computer again. I am not really worried about my files because I have a backup of the important ones. I just want to know if there is a way I can reinstall or start the computer using my Windows XP upgrade cd. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

The Hard Drive may have gone toes up . . you can download and run diagnostics from the Drive manufacturer to rule that out.

3. cwtcc55

cwtcc55 Thread Starter

can you tell me how to do that?

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

You need to determine the manufacturer of the drive . . either look at it or by the documentation that came with the pc . . then go to their website.

What brand is the PC?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540636

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice