1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm looking for a desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ArielleLonVesibelt, Oct 9, 2019.

1. ArielleLonVesibelt

ArielleLonVesibelt Thread Starter

Heya. I'm looking for a gaming desktop for equal, under or just a wee bit over a 1000$ that can handle some Skyrim masochism.

I'm looking for some well known brands such as alien, (it doesn't have to be alien though)

2. Shazzalive

Shazzalive

First Name:
    Sharron
    My suggestion for getting a great desktop in the USA is to contact Carey Holzman, who will build you exactly what you need. https://www.facebook.com/CareyHolzman

(Having seen inside an Alienware desktop I really don't rate it much: 'Mainly cheap proprietary junk if you ask me.)

Carey is a professional computer technician and former Intel employee with many years experience and his own business.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    SarahSims likes this.
  3. KillTheAlarm

KillTheAlarm

With 1000$, you can basically get a top hardware, little/none compromise machine on second-hand websites. Just try looking for latest gpu models on desktops. You don't even need latest, if it's Skyrim, to be honest; anything will do at this price point.

If it's your first time with buying expensive tech second-hand, here is some advice:
    1. Meet face-to-face only (don't order by delivery); you obviously want to know if the specs are correct and if everything is working, don't you?
    2. For testing the system specs, just bring a usb with (for example) Speccy installed (or any other app for hardware testing/benchmarking)
    3. You will probably know/feel if something is odd; in this case, just trust your gut and don't buy it (or whatever your gut is telling you)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice