1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i'm looking for a good site for cat health

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sharky, Oct 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

household/domesticate cat that is.

does anyone know of good site? right now, i have a cat throwing up and withdrawn acting. another cat has a scratch of some sort going on a week.

yes, cat doctors are as expensive as human doctors so a good on-line cat site would be very valuable. i have found some sites but they seem to be somewhat inadequate.

2. Mike C UK

Mike C UK

There's plenty of good sites with exhaustive information out there. Try this one, the info is very comprehensive and if you register you can get feedback.
    http://www.vetinfo.com/catinfo.html
    Just as with humans, diagnosis of a problem by the layman can be very hit and miss and therefore not necessarily the best for the cat.
    Take the vomitting and withdrawal for instance - that could be anything from simple gut-rot through poisoning to leukemia.

Use the net - its a good tool, but it can't replace a real expert for this sort of problem

I have had five cats, the last died aged 17 a little while back, and yeah, vets bills suck, so why not think about insurance?

Regards
    Mike - cat lover.

3. hewee

hewee

4. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

mike,hewee, ..,actually had to call a vet.

seems a good cat health site is difficult to find. some of the sites i went to for health advice? ended up being an ad. or some were possibly an ad as the site was not found/deleted.

cat was vomiting white/clear liquid. 6 times within 30 minutes,gums were white(ie un-normal),lower adomen would constrict greatly when vomiting. called a vet:give petobizmo(small dose)and water only.

now its a waiting game. also,i live in a very rural area therefore a trip to the vet is about 2 hours

i suspect a bottle of bathroom cleaner(with bleach) was the problem. a bottle had tipped over ,with the contents on the bathroom floor.

its wait and see at this point.

5. hewee

hewee

Sorry to here that.

Lets hope once it goes tru the cats system all will be well.

6. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Did you tell the vet that it may be poisoning by bathroom cleaner with bleach?? Quite frankly, your cat could die. How important is your cat to you? If a friend/acquaintance/family member drank bathroom cleaner with bleach, would you be searching the web for answers or waiting for Pepto Bismal to take effect, or would you rush them to the emergency room?

7. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

cats vomit all the time,its almost normal. like grass,dry cat food,milk,etc.

this time it was clear/white,so it seemed to be nothing to be concerned about(i was thinking stale water bowl water) except when it happened twice,i became concerned and then used the net for info.

thats where i found out clear/white meant serious concerns and checked around for something unnusual and found the bathroom clearner as a possiblity so i DID call the vet who said petol bismol and giving water. and to call back if new/or more severe conditions appeared.

remember,it was saturday nite,11pm,so the nearest 24 hour facilty is 2 hours to 4 hours away. the vet i did actually find had a recording that only current patients can be seen in emergencies. he called me back anyways.

trust me,i wanted to travel the 2 hours to 4 hours to a 24/hour place in boston,2 states away.

its now 12 hours later,the cat has improved and seems interested in the usual extra curriculem activities of cat life(running away chasing balls,rubbing ankles,et.c) but i am still concerned on this sunday morning.

8. Mike C UK

Mike C UK

Hi Sharky

Glad to hear the cat seems to be on the mend. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    I understand what you are saying here.
    I live in the wilds too, so I appreciate your problem.

9. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

my cat began sunday morning vomitng now including blood.

on sunday afternoon, i found a vet in my local area who met me at the animal hospital and took in the cat. we are assuming the cat drank a bathroom cleaner with bleach.

the cat was "admitted". given a prescription type petol bismo for cats. given antibiotics and vitamin shots. an iv for dehydation has not been necessary so far although the cat doesnt seem to be eating or drinking.

on this monday,the cat is still at the vet,lively,but still being given medicine for a likely ulcerated stomach condition and staying another night.

i dont think the cat is going to die although i'm being prepared to hear something like that.

if you need closeur,i'll type something on tuesday.

thanks

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/56859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice