1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm looking for sound effect program , sound coming through the computer speaker

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by centrino207, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. centrino207

centrino207 Thread Starter

I'm looking for sound effect program.I had program 10 years or so , I think it was sound blaster live ( not sure) had some thing similar .Want I wont is program that will add sound effect to sound coming through my computer speakers or headphone. The different sound effects that make your voice sound deep ,less muffled voice, tunnel ,echo ,slow talking ,sound like you talking in small room ,car or out side.

I wont it for both music/sound/audio streaming from the internet and music/sound from the computer , I have on the computer.And be able to go in setting and turn it or off or add or remove effects.

I'm not sure:eek::eek: but I think it was sound blaster live I had ,that had some thing similar to add effect to sound coming through the computer speaker or headphone.

Note I have windows 7 .So some thing that works with windows 7.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Creative (ie: Sound Blaster) has had that type of setting in their software for years. The Creative/Sound Blaster software is for their chipsets only. There could be a similar audio tool that works with any audio source, but I'm not familiar with any.

3. centrino207

centrino207 Thread Starter

It is little odd there is lack of good software out there.I know there are many video ediiting and sound ediiting software but program that adds effects to live incoming sound though the computer speakers or headphone is other thing.

The Creative Sound Blaster software had this but you needed video card and motherboard that support it.I'm not sure if Creative Sound Blaster makes video cards and software any more.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I don't know about odd. Most people, like myself, played with the software a time or two and then never used it again. Aside from playing about, it has no practical daily use. As far as I know, it is still included in their audio software. Creative still produces audio cards. "Sound Blaster" was a product line of audio cards. It's not related to their video cards and they no longer have a video card line that I'm aware of.

There may or may not be third party software which does the same thing. Most likely there is, I'm just not aware of any. But again, only because it's something that I care about.

Your options would be to try and find a third party software, or get a new Creative sound card (if someone can confirm those tools are still included).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1115422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice