1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Im mystified by this

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by telecom69, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten Thread Starter

Not really a problem but I wish someone could explain how this has happened,I was down on disc space,well under 1Gb in fact and was getting a bit worried but then the other day I contacted courtesy of Kazaalite,Win32/Parite virus,AVG dealt with this by putting it in a vault and computer is running perfectly now EXCEPT I now have 10.6 Gbs of free space as shown in my computer and Belarc advisor,so how has this happened? where has all the free space come from all of a sudden?....Im mystified :confused:

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

The virus or another entity was messing with Windows.

3. dabwid

dabwid

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Do a run of Scandisk and see if it detects any "space" errors.

Ensure that you run with auto fix OFF.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice