i'm new

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RuairiMcQ

i've recently got into computers and have a new ipod. i can't install the software that came with it. i'm gettin "internal failure" "error number 0x80040707"

i had itunes on my pc already so music is fine but i want to get quicktime pro so i can use the video.
i've tried deleting all the ipod software, itunes, quicktime, and the ipod updater software. won't let me delete the updater but i deleted everything else and still can't install it using the cd that came with my ipod.
i've tried to use my sis's software cd but still no joy.
my bro installed the software for a nano on the same computer about 18 months ago.

any help would be appreciated

RuairiMcQ

Right, the first error message comes up like this:

Internal Failure

Error Number: 0x80040707

Description:

Then when ok is clicked, this appears:

Access is denied.

When ok is clicked in the second message, it exits the installation. What do u think?

RuairiMcQ

thanks for the help.
the list of possible problems aren't my problems. in that case one must contact the software vendor. guess i'm gonna get a number and phone them.
thanks again. no doubt i'll be back

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online