I'm not owner of OS (C:) ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mishte

New laptop - had about a month. When I got the computer I created my user account and named the laptop right after starting up.

I just opened Properties for the C: drive, and in Security ->Permissions for Users ->Advanced, the current owner is listed as TrustedInstaller, not me.

Obviously I can change it to match the username/computer name I created for this system, but.... is this odd?

---------------------
Computer: vostro 1500
Processor: C2D T7500 2.20GHz,
Operating System: Vista Home Premium 32bit
Memory: 2G RAM
HD: 160G HD
File System: NTFS
DVD-+RW
Display: WSXGA+ TrueLife
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

No. Normal. Otherwise malware would have access to every part of your system, including Windows, through your account.

mishte

THANK YOU.... so.much. (I bow to you for the help but you have to imagine it).

thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online