I'm not sure what to do next

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Paintballer21

Hi, I'm not to tech smart.

I went to play Counterstrike: Source and a message came up telling me that the game was not available right now, and to try again. At the same time, Norton told me that auto-protect had detected a trojan horse, and blocked it. However, I still can't play CS:S. I ran a Norton scan and it detected a cookie and a trojan. The trojan was in the 'resolved - no action' catagory, Norton asked me what to do with the cookie, I selected to remove it.

Thinking that the trojan would be gone now, I went to try CS:S again. However, I still got the same message. I rebooted, and got the same message when I started CS:S again. I ran a scan on my comp and Norton said everything is fine. I updated virus definations, Norton still says everything is ok when I run the scan. But as soon as I start CS:S... 'auto protect has blocked a trojan horse, you computer is secure.'

I'm sorry I don't have a concrete question to ask, but I would like to play CS:S, and it wont let me. What should I do?

PS: I bought CS:S legally from steam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts