1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'm still using 2012 Windows Movie Maker. But.....

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by johnmaknak, Jul 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmaknak

johnmaknak Thread Starter

I have tried all of the "popular" movie editors, and they are all "user-unfriendly." So, I'm still using 2012 Windows Movie Maker. I'm using it this time for my animated cartoon I've drawn.

But I can't get all of my audio clips to line up with my video clips. If I move one audio clip, it moves all of the others at the same time, although I don't want it to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If what I'm trying to do is impossible, then which more-modern video editor do you recommend?

I've tried the usual video editors: at least 10 of them, and none of them are user-friendly. I predict that thcy're all going to be obsolete soon, just as what I'm using is now. :)

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    I switched to Adobe Premier Elements some time ago ... But it has a long learning curve.
    You might be tempted to call it unfriendly .... If your not used to it and how it thinks.
    I've done some lip-syncing .... It's tedious but can be done.
    You have to have free room to move to ... Or all will move.

I'm glad I switched when I did ... I read that the newer versions of adobe (anything) only work in W10 ... and I'm staying away from W10 as long as I can.

The last WMM didn't work right and M$ never bothered to fix/update it. I had to use the previous version of WMM. M$ also dropped the DVD maker - what good is a video editor if it can't author a DVD. That's why I decided to switch to Adobe and get away from M$.

I use an older Photoshop for animations ... The affordable Photoshop Elements version will not do GIF animations but it will perform most all of the Image editing of the expensive Photoshop.

Adobe updates around September ... Sale price should start soon.
    I'd suggest trying a trail version ... and wait on a sale.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice