I'm stuck at the login screen...Please help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kashmir09

Okay, so yesterday I added a login password to the main (and only) user account. This was because while I was in the shower, I had a Adaware scan running and didn't want anyone to mess with the comp. So, the computer was locked at the login screen.

After I got out, I logged back in and removed this password. I also removed the welcome screen option at the Control Panel. For the rest of the day, I did the usual browsing and listening to music. However, when I woke up today, the computer was stuck at the login screen.

... I have no clue what happened and what to do. I tried re-entering the password from yesterday, but to no avail. All of my family members have said nobody has touched the computer.

Is there any way I can override this login screen? Thanks :(

kashmir09

...Safe Mode? Please elaborate. What should I do in Safe Mode? I've never done it, sorry.

The name of the account was Dad, if it matters.

Thanks again for all of your help.

shurdown the computer....turn it back on..and while its rebooting...press the F8 key...
u will then see the "windows advanced startup options"
select "safe mode"

Once in safe mode log on to the adminisatrtor account. After that type in "control userpasswords2" in the run prompt. U will see a list of users...select DAD and then click on the reset password button..out in ur new password or leave it blank..the choice is ur's.then reboot and get back to normal mode

kashmir09

I don't know the password to Administrator account... What do I type in pass box?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts