I'm stumped can you help! IE or FF won't display one page

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bloud

Ok, I'm stumped and I've search the forums and could not find a solution that works for me. Here's my issue.

I'm trying to access www.csbsatlanta.com with either IE 7.0.5730.11 or Firefox 1.5.0.9 and running XP Pro SP2.

I get the:
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.
blah blah blah general error.

I can access every other darn website I can't think of. And, I can access this webpage on my wifes laptop and my Dell, which are running through the same hub, router and network.

I've tried using my Wireless and Ethernet connection.
I played with the browsing settting in IE to check for new content etc.
I can PING csbsatlanta
I've cleared all cache's, rebooted and done just about everythign I can think of.
I disabled all firewall and virus protection software.

Somewhere deep dark depth of my 1's and 0's there is something preventing me from accessing this one website.

Anyone that can help, I would sure appreciate it.

Maybe The website is encountering problems. Try in a few hours or tomorrow.

bloud

XPSP2,

The website is ok, as mentioned in my description I can access that website from other computers in my house. I spent a couple hours trying to resolve the issue.

Did you check your Host file to see if the site is blocked there?
In XP Pro, it would be here.
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Look for the web site address following 127.0.0.1

bloud said:
XPSP2,

The website is ok, as mentioned in my description I can access that website from other computers in my house. I spent a couple hours trying to resolve the issue.
Sorry I missed that due to a phone call.

bloud

Augie65, Yep checked the Hosts file and it was not blocked.

Thanks for your reply though!

bloud

Augie65,

I tried the WinSock XP fix and it still doesn't work. This is just getting silly. Anyone else have any tricks up their sleeve?

bloud

Kilowatt ,

Holy smokes, I can get it that link! Guess I needed some wattage!... Is there some sort of forwarding going on that won't let csbsatlanta.com get there?

I'm not sure. It could be. It appears that the csbsatlanta is redirected to the link I posted. Could be that for some reason your browsers are not dealing with the VBS. The only other thing I can think of is possibly a corrupt cookie.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online