1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

imac G3 froze won't power up

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by sljens, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sljens

sljens Thread Starter

Help! I borrowed my sister's imac since my pc has a trojan that hijacked my web browser that I can't seem to get rid of, and now I've messed up her computer, too! I was downloading an adobe reader when I received a phone call and was disconnected. Everything froze. I tried quitting programs, shut down using the display button. Then I couldn't get the computer to come back on. I unplugged it, waited, replugged. nothing. I changed outlets, because there was no sound, no hum, nothing. I logged onto Apple forum w/my infected pc, and then tried the paper clip in the reset button, Holding Shift while powering, space bar and power. NOTHING! Can anyone help me? I don't want my sister to think I'm a loser and I really can't afford a repair shop! This is an old computer given to her by her boss; she just got it, and she has no manuals or any of the original disks.

2. MSY-Houston

MSY-Houston

Try unplugging every peripheral, the modem and the power cord. Only plug in the power cord and restart while holding down the Shift Key.

Are you using OS9 or OSX? Can you get either system on a CD?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice