1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iMac had horizontal single white line what to do?!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Laurafox, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurafox

Laurafox Thread Starter

I just purchased an iMac 2007 era and realized that there is a horizontal single white line that stretches across the whole screen with what appears to be one single pixel that stands out from the line it looks like I have a single dead pixel and a dead horizontal white line running directly through it from one end to the other, is there any way to fix this? I have no idea what type of screens that iMacs have or how to go about fixing a dead pixel or even how to determine if it really is dead or not, but i need it done inexpensively if possible! And was hoping to be able to learn how to do it myself! Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Unfortunately that's a hardware fault, probably the screen itself but could be the cable connection between screen and motherboard or a motherboard fault.

You would have to take it apart to check the connection, if that's not the problem then you will need a new screen and/or motherboard. Probably be too expensive and unless you can fit them yourself definitely too expensive to try to pay someone to do it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice