1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

imac owner password forgotten

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by sproket, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sproket

sproket Thread Starter

Aaaaargh, my imac is asking me for the owner password to log into OS9.2.I just bought it and cant contact the ex owner.says something aboutlogin2.chac.inet, cant find macintosh management server.is there a way around this?if it's any help, i do have a suse 8.2 linux box too.

2. emoxley

emoxley

Not sure if this will work, but try booting up with extensions off (hold down shift key while booting up. Hold down until it finishes booting, or until it says "Extensions Off"). Then you may be able to go in and change the password. This used to work on older machines, that weren't as secure. May or may not work now............
    Good luck!

3. PhantomsHC

PhantomsHC

Ok i hav't done mac work for some months, but i think that maintosh manager can be set to not allow bypassing with the shift key, i think the holding of spacebar still works, ot worst case is to boot form CD and remove 2 things, one is Macintosh Manager extention and the other has a funny character at the start or it i think its a control panel, sorry i can rememer. but i don't have access to a mac anymore :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice