iMac - RAM deteriorating?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

David006

Hi,

I recently cleaned my hard drive and and reinstalled everything from scratch, thinking it would solve my problem (that my computer is always freezing)
However, my problem is not solved. I noticed that it freezes most when i use chats or watch videos online, however, this may just be a coincidence.
When my computer freezes, it's either a black screen, a white screen, or the screen just freezes but i can still move my mouse.
I have a feeling there is a problem with my RAM (i have 4GB), but i don't know for sure. Can anyone help me diagnose my problem?
Also, the last time it froze, i got a Crash Report upon restarting my computer. I will attach it to this post.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

David006

I ran both of those tests, and neither of them found anything wrong.

I tried several times to notice a pattern, but haven't succeeded. The time that the iMac has been running doesn't seem to influence, because the computer has frozen 20 minutes after i started it, just like it has frozen 5 hours after it's been opened.
I clean the back vent once every 2 months, so i don't think that is the problem.

tompatrick

Banned
Hi,

I recently cleaned my hard drive and and reinstalled everything from scratch, thinking it would solve my problem (that my computer is always freezing)
However, my problem is not solved. I noticed that it freezes most when i use chats or watch videos online, however, this may just be a coincidence.
When my computer freezes, it's either a black screen, a white screen, or the screen just freezes but i can still move my mouse.
I have a feeling there is a problem with my RAM (i have 4GB), but i don't know for sure. Can anyone help me diagnose my problem?
Also, the last time it froze, i got a Crash Report upon restarting my computer. I will attach it to this post.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
You have good amount of RAM (4GB). I hope that might not be the problem. You cleaned your hard disk but there might be some cache, temp files still present that might be playing foul. I will suggest you use a clean up software and also try to clean up desktop and start up icons. Check your Activity monitor, it will give you a clear image of CPU usage, RAM and program usage.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online