IMac won't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aztec25

My wife has an Apple IMac (i.e. Pod at base and a flat panel monitor)

Having added a scanner for her the machine won't boot into the operating system.

On boot-up an image of a 'floppy disk' ? appears on the screen, against a grey background with the letter 'V' slowly flashing, this followed by the letter 'X

We have the restore CD's but the keyboard 'eject' key won't give access to the CD bay.

I would be most grateful for suggestions/guidance and help here!

Aztec

turn the imac on with the mouse button held down. That forces the CD open as long as power is there.
Then you can put the reinstall disk in and reboot to the CD.
Try running the Disk utilities from the CD, before you blow the drive away and reinstall. That might save it.

John

Aztec25

Many thanks John I will give your tip a try and report back.

Regards

Aztec25

Interesting. I knew about the X key trick, but can't see why you would have needed that. Oh well.
Glad it's working.

John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts