1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Image Backup Size from Acronis WD edition 2x size indicated

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Woffiedog_1, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woffiedog_1

Woffiedog_1 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have a weird situation I don't understand and am concerned it may due to an infection and would like some advice.

The last two backups I performed using Acronis True Image WD edition are around twice the size as before and are around twice the size the program says the image will be when setting up the backup.

This started in Feb of this year. I have also noticed weird behavior of my wireless keyboard and mouse- sometimes not responding immediately. I have also been having intermittent freezing of the computer when left unattended.

I use Norton Internet Security and run Malwarebytes scan periodically but nothing has come up as a threat.

Any ideas how to figure out what the extra space in the backups is from and should I be concerned?

Running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Acronis True Image WD edition from 2009.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice