1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

image border

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lola2001, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

How do I make a small border around an image in Illustrator CS?

2. AttackRabbit

AttackRabbit

if its an image that you placed, or pasted into illustrator, i would just use the rectangle tool , and creat a vector object, with no fill , and a stroke of 1 px. then make the height and width one or two pixels larger then that of your image. Keep them on the same layer, and send the image to the back, then center your vector object ontop of your image.

if you have a path, compound path or vector object that you created in illustrator, and you have already assigned a stroke, group everything , and apply a layer effect to it.

3. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Thanks. I thought of that already but I seem to recall a much easier way using the stroke on an image itself. Just cant' remember.

4. AttackRabbit

AttackRabbit

k try this, place or paste the image onto you canvas in illustrator. select the image with the direct selection tool. Then go to the appearance window and in the appearance menu tab , select add new stroke. Next go to effect / path / outline object. Finally go to the stroke tab and change the pt size of the stroke and or the color to your desire.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/458434