1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image capture conflict.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gotrootdude, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotrootdude

gotrootdude Thread Starter

Alright, I have some sort of conflict, that is not listed in device manager, between a HP-PSC500 parallel port printer and a Kodak USB digital Camera. The printer and scanner works fine useing the HP software. The camera won't transfer pictures at all. No errors in device manager, but under the "scanners and cameras" applet, the properties of both the scanner and the camera shows as unavailable or disconnected. It's not a USB problem as all other USB stuff works fine, it's not a IRQ problem, It's not a twain problem, It's some kinda image capture problem.

Anyway, I'd like to delete and reinstall all files and registry settings related to video capture. Also, I'd like to try to find any unused capture drivers installed on the machine and delete them. Is there any way to do this without reinstalling? This machine is used for audio production and has 200+gigs of critical stuff on it. Fixing all the midi apps and sound stuff is a pain on installation.

Thank god this isn't my machine.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude Thread Starter

Problem resolved, person hadn't clean out registry for quite a while, over 2,000 invalid or incorrect entries. whew.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/128384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice