1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image Cropper

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by yaelweb, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaelweb

yaelweb Thread Starter

I am starting out as a webmaster. One of my clients asked for people to submit photos on her site. How can i buy a photo cropper that i can plug into my site that lets the end user submit photos according to my parameters? Is this type of thing bought or can i find it for free?

Thank you for your help.

2. covert215

covert215 Banned

You can automatically resize an image in html. Use the width="" and height="" attributes when embedding the images.

3. thecoalman

thecoalman

I would suggest installing an image gallery like Coppermine, http://coppermine.sf.net/ Coppermine only requires a single upload of an image. It will generate the thumbnails for you. That's just one feature of many. It is an advanced photo gallery, there are other simpler alternatives I've seen posted by others.

That can have undesirable results. Scaling images down will create aliasing on round or slanted edges in the image, how much varies depending on the sizes. In the following example it's moderate. Scaling up creates blocking. It's best to either use the correct dimensions or none at all so the image displays at it's full size. Note that this is screenshot from a browser window, the images were scaled by the browser.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• s4.jpg
      s4.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491031

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice