1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

image effects

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by texastoy4her, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. texastoy4her

texastoy4her Thread Starter

Hey all. Got a dilemma. I just recently downloaded a program called Anfy that allows me to add effects to images ie: rain, ripple effect. snow or whatever. I think this use java applets to create the images on web pages. I open the program, click the effects I want then select the "background" image I want. At the end the program gives me a HTML code that I thought I could copy and paste into a HTML box in order to put the picture on a web page. It's not working for me. All i get is a white space where the image is suppose to be.

Can any1 help with this? Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. lister

lister

Do you have Java installed?

3. texastoy4her

yes java is installed.

4. lister

lister

Are you looking at the html locally, if not have you uploaded the image as well?

5. texastoy4her

hmm I am not sure what you are asking about "looking at the html localy".

Let me try to explain a little more. I host online tournys for a site called myleague. When I go in to administer a tourny I have an option for a customized HTML code. I have attempted to put the html code that Anfy gives me in this box so that the picture will show up on the tourny page. But, all that shows is a white background.

I also thought that maybe it had something to do with the picture not being online so I uploaded the picture to photobucket and copied the url and inserted into the code that I got from Anfy. Still don't work.

I have gotten to reading a little more on the program and it says something about uploading the .class files?

I am starting to think maybe this is a little to techinical for me and I should just leave it alone :D

6. Knotbored

Knotbored

It looks like ANFY comes in 4 versions:
    stand-alone with a logo stamped on effect (free)
    stand-alone with logo removed ($20 option)
    on-line to sample effects (free)
    on-line with workspace ($30)

You might have a version that doesn't allow saving the images

I found the ANFY site a little confusing, but got a better explanation on this site: http://cws.internet.com/article/2601-3837.htm

7. texastoy4her

the standalone version (free) is the 1 I have. I checked the site you gave but it still didn't really explain how to use it. Am I missing something on the site?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice