1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

image morphing into caricature software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by zzzizzzkokid, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzzizzzkokid

zzzizzzkokid Thread Starter

Are you aware of any software more specifically designed to allow altering images of faces etc. into editorial-style cartoon caricatures?

I know I can do this in a number of steps using two or more applications....one to alter an image and, say, photoshop to filter the image so it resembles a pen and ink or crayon line drawing.

However, the steps are several and the results not completely satisfactory.

I am interested in any ad hoc software whether free or for sale.

Thanks for any tips on single software of combinations that might work better than my current attempts with morphing software and photoshop.

2. Peano

Peano Banned

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your question. I'm not sure whether you're asking about the technique for rendering the photo as a line drawing, or about the technique for morphing one into the other after the rendering is done. I've answered the latter question, not the former.

If you have the before and after images -- the photo and the rendered drawing of it -- Photoshop has an animated frames feature called "Tween" that will morph one into the other.

You just need two images. I'll use these two for illustration.

[​IMG]

Morphed using Tween (2 MB animated gif -- might take a few moments to load):

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice