image problem! 4bit color pls help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

waterborne

i was cleaning programs out of my computer that my mom wouldnt need using the add/remove programs utility today and accidentaly uninstalled something that started with intel but i dont remember what the exact name was. nothing happened at first and when i restarted a box came up saying that if i continued the uninstall it could have bad effects so i told it to stop; however, my graphics are completely screwed up- everything is huge and very pixelated. in the display area my only choice is 4 bit color and 640x580 (im not sure about the second number). i have no idea how to fix this but i think all i need to do is figure out how to reinstall the driver or whatever i accidentally deleted. the system is windows xp from around 2000/2001 i think. your help is greatly appreciated! sorry if i am not specific enough

Well you would have to know what brand/model your video card is so that you can download the correct drivers for it. Sine you said that you deleted something with intel with it, you probably have onboard video. If this is the case you will have to know what model your motherboard is.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online