1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image Program Interest

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by comtrain9, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. comtrain9

comtrain9 Thread Starter

Dear Forum,

Whether it is free or not, I'm interested in downloading a fairly decent imaging program-or perhaps, more than one- that will allow me, among other things, to increase clarity and sharpness of images as well as the usual editing things provided by Photos in Windows 8.1. However, there is another thing I seek: the ability to rotate images less than 90 degrees without the cropping that goes along with it, and a minimal loss of clarity and sharpness. Thank You.

Here are my specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8131 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 153599 MB, Free - 110902 MB; D: Total - 783171 MB, Free - 782975 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M70AD
    Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Steve

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

For your basic photo editor the best is of course is Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I use Elements and Gimp which is free. The only thing I don't know if Gimp can do is partially rotating images but I'm sure you can. For resizing images Smilla Enlarger does an amazing job and it's free.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Since you're not looking for freeware only ... I'd suggest Adobe Elements 13.
    It has all the image editing power of Photoshop for about 1/10th the price.
    You can tell it how many degrees to rotate or just draw a line you want to be horizontal or vertical.
    Once you get started in editing ... You'll keep wanting more, Might as well start learn the best.

Here's some freeware suggestions

4. comtrain9

comtrain9 Thread Starter

OK forum. Thank You. I will check into these various options and get back to you. Steve

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Since Windows XP, I've always replaced whatever viewer Microsoft provided with the Image Viewer/Editor freeware Irfanview.
    It'll perform all you mentioned ... and I assume it'll still work in W8x or W10.
    But for the chores you mentioned .. I think they're easier in Photoshop.

6. wilsonaron

wilsonaron

hey , For this u can tree photoshop . There are latest versions of photoshop which will be helpful to you .

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice