1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image resizer tool

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by philpow, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi last week a friend asked me to send him a copy of a photo I had taken which I did he the complained that it was too big and that I should resize it how I asked so he told me, go to my pictures right click on an image select mail recipient and a panel will appear offering to resize the image for emailing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is where the fun begins not for me I said so I investigate a bit and find this powertoys programe download it ( I have reinstalled this prog more times this week than you've had hot dinners) I have tried any number of so called fixes that I have found on other forums it just don't work, in fact the image resizor option your supposed to have when you right click on an image which should create a resized clone in the same folder dosn't work either to add insult to injury my friend wondered why I had to right click on the image anyway as for him all he has to do is hover the mouse icon over the image and the panel appears.

Ideas any one be precise don't take it for granted that know anything about computers lead me by the nose patronise me I don't care I just want to get this thing to work it has become a mission.
    Do not tell me about other 3rd party progames that do wonderful things and how you find them so useful I want to concentrate on the problem and fix it.:mad:

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

What program is it that your trying to use..

3. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

Hi Bonk I am trying to use the resizing tool that comes with XP find a picture in My pictures right click on it and a list of options appears, preview, edit,print,resize picture,preview etc this resize option creates a copy of the selected picture in a reduced file size that you select from another dropdown panel (this would be good for me if it worked) alternatively you can select to mail the image at which point if you have downloaded the powertoys addon from microshaft ( which I have several times )you should be offered a choice of picture size to make sending an email with an attached picture file shorter and more reliable now I know there are other tools out there to do this but this is totaly intergrated with the os and outlook express and it's quick when you can get to work that is.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

????

When I right click on a Picture this what I get

look below

Attached Files:

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

If you have been able to resize your pictures before but you can't resize them now in the Files and Folders Task options because the resizing dialog box does not appear anymore,

I Can't Resize My Pictures For Email!

is that the problem you are having

6. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

looks like you need the update

7. bonk

bonk Banned

You mean this place...below

Attached Files:

8. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

Hi Blackmirror Nice try but sorry no banana been there etc I should point out that I dont know if I ever had this facility but unlike Bonk I at least have it in the pop up even if it doesn't work

9. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

Below what Bonk

10. wallee

wallee

I believe the program the OP is talking about is called "image resizer". It can be found on the windows XP power toys download page.

Once installed properly it integrates into the right click menu.

Philpow, look in your add/remove programs and unistall it, then try re installing it again. Hope this is what you were talking about.

11. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

yes Bonk,It must be lonely out there in space or have you gone back in time to where Krypton still existed?

12. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

Been there done that Wallee no joy with any luck we might catch up with one another

13. bonk

bonk Banned

Yea I needed a holiday so flew back to Krypton cheaply of course ...and guess what it wasn't there.....somebody said it had blown up

14. philpow

philpow Thread Starter

Glad your back with us Bonk any chance of some help with the problem?

15. Carey934

Carey934

I have taught my parents to upload their images to www.Photobucket.com

It's free and that way they can send me a URL to view their pics instead of clogging up my inbox with huge files. It does all the resizing automatically and sending URLs is much, much faster.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!