1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Image Simulation SCSI CdRom Device" instead of DVD drive

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by reygm, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reygm

reygm Thread Starter

:eek: I recently formated my first hard drive and installed Windows XP Pro SP2. Since then my CDRW (drive E:) functions properly but my DVD drive is not recognized, in Device Manager it says that is a "Image Simulation SCSI CdRom Device" and assigned drive G: to it, there is no drive F: now, the one assigned to the old DVD drive.
    When I try to use a DVD disk or a movie it will say "Please insert a disk into drive G:. I reinstalled and reinstalled again and Windows will install again drive G:. Please can somebody tell me what to do to make my DVD drive to work?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Do you have Daemon Tools installed?

3. reygm

reygm Thread Starter

Thanks for your welcome. No, I do not have Daemon Tools installed. I do have intalled the followings applications:
    CDRWin5
    Clone CD
    WinDVD Platinum 5
    CDCheck
    Intervideo Player
    DVD Region Free
    Nero 5.5.9.14

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I see you've had no other replies, did you ever figure out what the problem was?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!