1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image Slider

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lola2001, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I have to display a ton of thumbnail photos on a website. I was thinking of just using some kind of image slider.

I was thinking of either a constantly moving reel of images that would slow or stop on mouse over or one image showing and a next button that would load the next image and so on. What should I use to get this effect? Is there a flash, fireworks or dreamweaver extension for this kind of thing? Or maybe javascript would be better? Any suggestions would be great. I'm looking for the easiest possble way to do this as I have MANY to make. Thanks.

2. Rockn

Rockn

I thought XP had some sort of slideshow thing integrated or as a utility built in.

3. RT

RT

It does, Rockin. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer - very handy for previewing images that are on your computer - but not what lola2001 is looking for, methinks. It simply a viewer.

She wants to display the "slide show" (or perhaps a scrolling photo banner) on a webpage, about which I am totaly ignorant.

4. Rockn

Rockn

5. RT

RT

See? Told ya.
    :p :eek:

Sorry, guess I misunderstood your reply to her post.

6. hewee

hewee

I have seen what your looking for and it runs from flash.

7. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Yes, I am looking for a slide show I can put on a webpage but I don't have XP. Can I use this generator from 2000? Hewee, is there a flash extension or something I can get or do you mean just to make one from scratch using Flash?

8. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Rockn, thanks for the links. Unfortunately neither one of them will run on windows 2000. When trying to install I get a message telling me that I need to have windows XP. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

9. Rockn

Rockn

Ever thought of trying it in PowerPoint and exporting it as HTML?

10. hewee

hewee

I din't know how they were made as I have only seen a lot of site with the flash and the effects you was asking about. They are not all the same either as I guess it has to do with how they made it and or added links. Sometimes you would click the small thumbnail and it open the bigger image inside the flash window. Other times it would pop up another window to show the larger image.

11. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I don't have a clue how to use PowerPoint but I guess I could learn if it does what I need. In the mean time I downloaded a flash component called image slider. I'm not sure yet if it is what I need exactly but I will take a look and see if I can use it. I don't know what else to do. I will check into PowerPoint though, thanks guys.

12. putasolution

putasolution

13. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

Wow! That is perfect! Thanks.

14. spruce

spruce

Try PRECLICK PHOTO ORGANIZER. This may help

15. lola2001

lola2001 Thread Starter

I don't think that is quite what I was looking for as I need to add this slide show to a webpage, but I will download it and take a look. Thanks.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice