1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image tablets and pens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Miles Right, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Miles Right

Miles Right Thread Starter

Can anyone recommend a good tablet to use with image work that is not too expensive?

Thanks

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

3. ferrija1

ferrija1

4. erick295

erick295

I do not understand what possessed WACOM to turn their respectable Graphire series into a bubbly explosion of schoolgirl giggles.

In any case, if you are at all serious about graphic work, it's worth the extra to get an Intuos. The 6x8 tablet is about $300 in most places, which is not all that much more than the $200 Bamboo Fun tablet. The Intuos is much better and people won't laugh at you when you tell them you use something called "Bamboo Fun," lol.

I think you would regret getting a 4x6 (or worse yet the Bamboo Fun small size, which is laughable, and unusable for the most part) or any other brand besides a WACOM, so frankly you're looking at $200-300 minimum. It will last indefinitely, though... I have never seen one of these things fail.

5. ferrija1

ferrija1

They have a funless Bamboo too, I would recommend a Graphire or Intuos board but they're much more expensive.

6. retexan599

retexan599

I just bought an Aiptek 12.1" Slim tablet and it works very well. I now see them on Amazon for about $100, but I paid a bit more than that at local electronics big box store.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/660233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice