1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image thumbnails on picture searches not displayed

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Henryz, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Henryz

Henryz Thread Starter

Hi all!

Hope I've chosen the right subforum for this question. My problem is as follows:

When I use image searches, such as Google or Yahoo, the thumbnails are not displayed. I either get red crosses (in IE) or small blue lines (Firefox).

Both browsers are on the latest update. I'm on Vista Home, also with the most recent updates.

I've already tried some recommendations on other forums - I re-installed Java & Flash. I've already tried to install an earlier version of Java, because I first thought the recent Java update may have caused the problem. All that didn't work.

Other picture sites like Flickr work well, so I don't think it has anything to do with my internet connection.

I'd be forever grateful if anyone could help me sort this out.

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

3. Henryz

Henryz Thread Starter

Hello Joan!

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately yes, I've tried the suggestions there already. I'm pretty sure that my problem is not browser related since it happens in FF and IE.

I've also had a look at my security app (McAfee) if maybe some sites have been blocked. But there's none listed, so I tend to rule out this as the root of the problem as well.

4. feet2thefire

feet2thefire

I have a similar problem, but it is in Windows Explorer. Since I upgraded to XP Service Pack 3, the .jpg, .tif and .gif files don't display thumbnails like they used to. This is with the View setting at Thumbnail.

In Windows Explorer, I've gone into the Tools>Folder Options...->File Types tab and changed the viewing program/editing, and that doesn't help. The only thing displaying is an icon of the viewing/editing program.

In my work I frequently refer to and even edit old technical line drawings, and the file names don't always describe the drawings, so pre-viewing adds a lot of efficiency.

If anybody can fix this, it would be very appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice