1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image to Maxtor Mini III

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Q6supvr, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Q6supvr

Q6supvr Thread Starter

Hi,
    I.m running Win2K pro. I want to replace the HDD, the old one is about 4 years old.
    My question is this: How can I write and image of my existing HDD to my Maxtor Mini III and then write that back to the new HDD-preferably using either the existing Maxtor softwarwe or a free program?[Suppliers in town want $A110, say $US 120]to do the job, any software I have to buy would obviously need to cost less than that.
    Thanks for your help.

2. SB305

SB305

Why image the drive? Take a look at the website of the manufacturer of whichever new hard drive you intend to buy. You should find a free utility to clone the old drive directly to the new one.

3. Oily

Oily

4. Q6supvr

Q6supvr Thread Starter

Hi,
    Many thanks for your help, guys. [please note, just in case, in Australia we use guys for both genders.]
    I've downloaded DISCWIZARD from the Seagate site-it has allowed me to create an image of the C; drive on the external Maxtor. I'll buy a new drive tomorrow and install it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice