1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

image viewing problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by missmouse, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missmouse

missmouse Banned Thread Starter

Hi, i have a fuji F402 camera & have been using their finepix software for a couple of years. I now am unable to save or even view any photos from the camera. I have tried a different camera chip, reinstalling the software but still nothing! I can view any photos already saved on my pc ok.
    Any ideas? Can I use any other (free) software for image capture? Should there be something in XP already?
    Win XP, 256Mb , 2.7Mhz, 40Gb HD.

simon

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Plug your camera in and open "my computer". There will more than likely be an icon there representing your camera or mass storage device. Double click on it and see if that works.

3. acraftylady

acraftylady

I use the built in XP picture and fax viewer for my media card. It comes up automatically when I insert the card in the reader and simply puts the photos into my pictures.

4. missmouse

missmouse Banned Thread Starter

thanx xgerryx, that worked! the window that came up tho was what used to come up when i pluged in my camera. I used to get an icon on my lower toolbar that would take me to it but not any more. is there some way to bring up that window automatically without having to go thru my computer?
    thx missmouse

5. xgerryx

xgerryx

You can go back to my computer, right click on the icon and create a shortcut that will appear on you desktop.

6. acraftylady

acraftylady

If you are saying that auto play is not working then have a look at this fix from MS. I know other peopple have used it when the XP scanner and camera wizard stopped coming up automatically and it fixed that but not sure if it has anything to do with other software doing the same thing.

Autoplay repair wizard

Also try right clicking on the drive for the camera and under properties check the auto play tab. You will see pictures in the list and click it and you will get some choices on what to do and one is copy pictures to a folder using the XP scanner and camera wizard.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/321661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice