1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Image zoom

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Marcye, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marcye

Marcye Thread Starter

Okay, so on the line above my task bar (actually just above the time) is a small box with a magnifier in it that I can click on and magnify anything on the screen from 25% to 400%. Not sure where this came from but I love it and my friend wants to put it on her computer...problem is I have no idea how to tell her to get it. Can it be part of the Google Desktop?

2. Queenk

Queenk

Is this a browser feature or a desktop feature? I'll assume it's a browser feature.

Internet Explorer 7 has a maximize/minimize feature on the bottom 'view/Status Bar' The feature would sit just above the clock on your systray while IE 7 is in full screen mode.

To see the Menu Bar in IE 7;
    right-click on an empty space on the browser icon bar.
    Click View, then click Status Bar.

3. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Right click the box and see if you can get an options menu. That should have an About... link that will tell you the name of the software, and possibly a link to the web site.

You can also have your friend check out the XP magnifier, magnifies 200-900%
    All Programs | Accessories | Accessibility > Magnifier

HTH

Jerry

4. Marcye

Marcye Thread Starter

Thanks all for the help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!