1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ImageMixer won't grab files from camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Historian, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Historian

Historian Thread Starter

I just got an HP laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, 8GB memory. Should do a great job with multimedia. This is the first and only computer, however, on which ImageMixer 3, which came with my Canon Vixia HF S100, refuses to work.

Normally, when you plug the camera into the computer, an Image Mixer box comes up, asking if you'd like to import the files. Windows itself would also pop up a box asking if I wanted the files opened. So I always had two choices. I used the ImageMixer box, and the files imported great.

With this computer, I get zero choices. No prompt at all to get files off the camera. The computer grudgingly admits a camera is plugged in, since the icon is in the tray in the lower right-hand corner. But no ImageMixer box asking if I'd like the files imported. And when I manually launch ImageMixer, the box for importing files is grayed out.

So on the one hand, the camera is plugged in and recognized by the computer. On the other hand, it isn't. What can I do?

Thanks!

2. pip22

pip22

Does the documentation for ImageMixer 3 say it is compatible with Windows 7, as that is all I can come up with?

3. Historian

Historian Thread Starter

I already use it on a Windows 7 machine. If ImageMixer winds up simply not working on this machine, which makes no sense, what else can I use to get my videos off my camera? The fact that Windows barely concedes that a camera is even plugged in does not give me confidence that any other possibility will bear fruit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058183