1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

images in Dreamweaver MX

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by DMC2, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DMC2

DMC2 Thread Starter

Let's say I insert an image and specify the source that is hosted in some web space. Is it possible to see the image rather than the image placeholder when in Design View? I CAN in FrontPage but can't in DW atm, so is there the option to do so?

Thanks

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Dreamweaver is web development software, so I'm moving you to the development forum.

:D

3. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

I do not believe you can do sucha thing, it could be possible but I've never really been interested in trying to figure it out, later tonight I will take a look and see.

You really shoudl have your entire site on your computer too, not just your server so you really shouldn't be having the problem your talking about.

4. suzi

suzi

Apparently your question is in two locations because I just answered in on the business applications forum. See my answer there.

5. Rockn

Rockn

Not to mention that linking to images on someone elses server is frowned upon. Ask them for permission to see if you can host it directly from your server.

6. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

I dont think thats what he means.

I think he means his own site.

Like his img src is http://www.his_host.com/his_image.jpg

or sotmhing like that.

I dont think hes leeching off of other sites.

I could be wrong tho. ;)

7. DMC2

DMC2 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for the replies...someone can lock my other thread.... sorry for double-threading but thought it just disappeared as there was no redirect link.

Oh, yeah, it's not actually a site. More like webpages I'm creating for ebay auctions and they're my own images that I took with my Digital Camera. Also, it's my own webspace/bandwidth, as my ISP provides it and I'm paying for it. :)

Any ideas on the original question? I like uploading the images and when creating the page, use the URL as the source instead of the path on my computer, as it's not a site.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice