1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Imail Stops Processing emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cushen123, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cushen123

cushen123 Thread Starter

I'm having a problem with Imail Administrator. For some reason it stops forwarding emails every 2 to 3 days. Once i reboot the box it sends out all that were sent in the period it stopped processing emails. I've done virus scans, port scans and the box seems to be clean, but for some reason this imail stops processing ever 2 to 3 days. Any ideas???

2. cushen123

cushen123 Thread Starter

If no one can help, can they atleast point me in the right direction for help?

3. rhynes

rhynes

4. cushen123

cushen123 Thread Starter

I'm now in my queue and it's loaded with [email protected]. I know these are not valid users in my email domains fromwhere the emails are coming from, and they are being sent to addy like [email protected], [email protected].... It sounds like something is on my computer, but I've checked it out 4 times with no luck finding a bug. Any advice?

5. rhynes

rhynes

ok... there's a couple of things you have to do...

First of all, go to http://www.ordb.org/submit/ and test if you're open relay, if you're overloaded with spam in your outgoing queue, you may be blacklisted by now.

6. rhynes

rhynes

Secondly, are your users utilizing the "out of office" feature? If they are getting spam, and the out of office is replying, then that's a problem too...

Check the users computers for viruses/trojans etc, could be something on your network that's sending emails out.

7. rhynes

rhynes

ok, how old is this server? I just read that imail is set open-relay by default.
    When your server is open relay, anybody in the world on any domain can send email thru you. Could explain your queue.

ftp://ftp.ipswitch.com/ipswitch/manuals/imail6.pdf
    Chapter 8, page 110... check it out.

I gotta head to work. Good luck :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!