1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

imesh v4 FINALLY A CLEAN VERSION

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by IT_Maniac, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IT_Maniac

IT_Maniac Thread Starter

hi there all download maniacs

guess what a clean imesh version 4 is out and free for download.
    got to the below link and click on clean imesh version 4:
    www.slyck.com

download and enjoy the new CLEAN imesh version 4

regards
    it maniac

2. AtreideS

AtreideS

I think I'll still stick with WinMX, but it is nice to know that people aren't putting up with spyware. I just wish the general public knew about it. Although things are looking up, as I read a full page article in the Herald Sun (Melbourne newspaper) on the spyware in Kazzaa.:)

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi- Yes, word is getting out- PC World magazine had an article partly on spyware this past month. Now, people need to understand it is far easier to check the programs they wish to install against the lists published by some help sites for those programs that do contain foistware.
    I've seen spots in newspapers, and also a good mention a few times on the Lockergnome website (aka Chris Parillo)
    Still, the posts come rolling in daily with foistware problems, keeps us busy I guess!

4. IT_Maniac

IT_Maniac Thread Starter

hi there again

yes actually what i can see and have tested personally is that kazaa media desktop is a spyware and also guess you can say adware program however the 2 programs listed below are clean and don't contain actually spyware and adware:

IMESH V4
    KAZAA LITE 2.0.2

well what i also heard is that cdur to copyright security these programs in time will vanish and that is a great loss for a lot of users i guess.

as was i was watching on italian tv the copyright protectors in italy are going to take drastic measures on piracy in internet and i beleive this will hit many users

regards
    it_maniac

5. AtreideS

AtreideS

I just use WinMX with MXLinx. It comes with no spyware straight out of the box, well.. straight after the download. There is no need for anyone to copy it and make a 'Lite' version simply because it has no spyware or ads in the first place. That's how software should be.

6. YeildSire!

YeildSire!

DO NOT BE FOOLED!

iMesh 4 is NOT clean by any means. It contains every bit as much spyware and adware as any previous version, and probably more. There is NO clean version of iMesh. If you install iMesh (any version), you will simply have to carefully remove all adware and spyware that comes with it, or deal with it. Bottom line.

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Thats simply not true. Clean iMesh has spyware removed. That Imesh-Light crap is a somewhat-spyware-free version thats very buggy and was obviously done by someone who doesnt know what theyre doing.

8. twill

twill

imesh4 is not clean at all.

This is the 2nd window that comes up after starting the install and I saw no where that it would let me NOT install it.

Attached Files:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/130535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice