1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Immediate change in webpage loading speed on one laptop on 2 different connections

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rikrigoub, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikrigoub

rikrigoub Thread Starter

My laptop for some reason suddenly started taking about 10 seconds to load a page where it would normally take 1 second. The download speed remains fast, at about 8Mbps. Also while loading a webpage, say for example bbc.com will take 10 seconds, navigating to bbc.com/news through links will be very quick.

Also to point out that this is a problem only with my laptop, as it spontaneously started occurring in 2 places I use internet, while the other computers using the same network were unaffected.

Also although I am not sure if this is relevant, this may have something to do with an infection, as also all my icons on the desktop were made invisible(but still there when highlighted)

Things I have attempted that didn't work

Changed my DNS to Open DNS
    Flushed my DNS
    Cleared Cache
    Run Malwarebytes and AVG Free check. Infections were deleted.

2. Jamkas

Jamkas

What operating system is this?

See if they problem still exists running under Safe Mode with Networking.

If you are unsure how to get to Safe Mode with Networking. Turn off your PC and turn it back on. While it is booting back up keep pressing F8. A selection will pop up and select Safe Mode with Networking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice