1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Immediate Help with Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TheTrueMaverick, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheTrueMaverick

TheTrueMaverick Thread Starter

Greetings to all,

I'm currently having trouble with using Microsoft 2003 Database. I've got to do this task by 8am today, which is in 3 hours, and I'm stuck with this section of exercise from University.

I've also got a test based on this in 4 hours, so I'm gonna need a quick asistence on this one as soon as possible.

Task is this:
    "Currently, when you select the Video Code drop down box to enter a new rental, all the possible rentals are listed. In this section, you will limit the list to only videos that are able to be hired.

1. Select the Row Source property of the Video_Code in the Video Rentals subform. Cick on the ellipsis and as you do you will invokde the query builder on the Video table.

...so on."

I cannot find the ellipsis or Row source property in the subform section. I could possibly post the data up, etc but that'd be too confusing. Guiding me with some screenshots would be wonderful.

File is downloadable at: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=45E9288010A1E3F5

The section I'm stuck with is in the 4th page of the pdf file, could be also called page26 at the bottom of the page.

If anyone could possibly help me directly on MSN, that'd be just amazing. I also might need more extra help later on, so if anyone free could help me on MSN, would really apprciate. Note: Got to finish it in 3 hours.

Regards,
    Maverick

2. Rockn

Rockn

Why the last minute rush to get this done? Double click the sub-form and it should bring it up in design view. Once in design view, if the properties sheet is not open right click the form and select properties. Click the video_code section of the sub-for and it should give you the properties of that element.

3. TheTrueMaverick

TheTrueMaverick Thread Starter

I've been there once. Still cannot find any options called ellipsis. That's why I'm stuck. Sorry I suck at this program...
    Image:
    [​IMG]

The reason I'm doing this now, is because I had to study for other papers till yesterday. I've finished 2 tasks, on the last one now.

EDIT:
    I think I got it. Thanks, will post again in the same thread if more help needed.

4. kenneth2k1

kenneth2k1

So you figured out by now that ellipsis is not an option but three periods in a row? :)

5. coachdan32

coachdan32

It is commonly referred to as the builder button (...) in the query design pane.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice