1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Immediate log off as soon as I log in! (2)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by boeland, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boeland

boeland Thread Starter

Glad to see a mention of this problem as one of our home computer has got it from yesterday. Funny as someone looged off as the system was working fine and 10 min. later another tried to log on and couldn't.
    I checked the registry as suggested below but there is no key called "OldUserinit".
    In case the "userinit.exe" file is corrupted, is it possible to download it from the net and write it over the existing one in system32?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If there is no OldUserinit, you don't have to delete it. :)

If you believe your userinit.exe is corrupt, have you tried running SFC /Scannow

3. boeland

boeland Thread Starter

Tried sfc /scannow but does not run. This is the message it gave me (be aware that I have to boot the system in safe mode in order to be able to log in).

Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files.
    The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable].

4. JohnWill

5. JohnWill

BTW, I moved your posts to a new thread.

6. boeland

boeland Thread Starter

Did the Windows XP Repair Install to no avail. The problem remains the same and I can only get into the system in Safe mode.

7. JohnWill

I'm out of ideas, perhaps you have reached the time to do a fresh installation?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice