1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Import Favorites from AOL to IE....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by percula04, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. percula04

percula04 Thread Starter

Any easy way to do this?

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

3. acraftylady

acraftylady

I am using XP, AOL 8.0 and IE. Just tried this and it does not work. When I get to the end it says not a valid bookmark file. When I get to the part to browse and import to my saved AOL favorites file it does not show up to click on. Where it says save as type it says HTML so I have to change to all files in order to see my saved AOL file and when I get to the end and it says finished and I click that I get not a valid book mark file. What am I doing wrong here? Also the saved AOL favorites file is labled a perfectfit component file if that means anything.

4. acraftylady

acraftylady

Never mind I found an way to do it that works perfectly. I used something called linkagogo that I found and it was very easy to do. I went to the site with IE and then on the site put the input and output info and then browse to the AOL PFC favorites file you saved and then make sure to tick show in browswer and click convert. Then when all the favorites come up in your browser do save as and save it some where. Then in IE you go to file, import and export and navigate to the HTML file of your favorites you just made and presto the AOL favorites are installed into IE.

Transfering AOL favorites to IE

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Great link crafty :D

I think I'm gonna have to try it too! :D

6. acraftylady

acraftylady

The link you gave had good instructions but I don't think they tested it out because it just does not work at all because the AOL favorites file is saved in a special format my HTML.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice