1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Import of Backed Up *.pst on multi-Profile Outllook .... password ..

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by simonwar, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonwar

simonwar Thread Starter

Hi,

I reformatted my hard drive - best thing I've done for ages.

Anyhow backed up Outlook 2003, which i have setup for 2 Profiles:

:1 Outlook (personal)
    :2 ESafetysigns (work)

This created several *.pst files which seem to cover it, they are:
    :1 Outlook.pst, and
    :2 ESigns_postmaster.pst

(Both *.pst have significant Memory sizes so i assumed all the data required was in there, however I did question the naming of "ESigns_postmaster", but I though Outlook automatically created the *.pst for me)

When I reset up my Outlook I have successfully brought over my Outlook.pst and all my personal data, but when I set up the second Profile and attempted to do the same for ESigns_postmaster.pst it has not worked?

I assumed Outlook would look for ESigns_postmaster.pst, but in fact on creating a new profile, (called ESafetysigns), has called it Outlook2.pst.

I tried to open it using File > Open > Outlook Data, but its asking for a password.

I did not allocate a password and tried some of my favourite passwords but no luck there either?

Any ideas, i was thinking of renaming ESigns_postmaster.pst to Outlook2.pst, but worried that will mess it up further?

Thanks, Simon.

Actually - not that successful - just reailsed I have to set up all my accounts again as this does not seem to get saved as part of the *.pst - how do you save accounts?

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi simonwar

Sorry, we cannot assist with lost/forgotten/unknown passwords or bypassing passwords.
    Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Yes, you will need to recreate Profiles and the e-mail accounts in Outlook.

I am closing this thread, if you have any non password related questions about Outlook, please start a new thread.

Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!