1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Import rules into new Outlook?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Zack Barresse, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse Thread Starter

Hello there,

My situation is a little different, but I had to reinstall my Office 2007. I am running Vista with Office 2007, so all of the old data went to Windows.old folder. My archive.pst and outlook.pst files were still available in that folder location. I imported everything else without a hitch (Inbox w/ subfolders, RSS feeds, Sent Items, Calendar, Tasks, etc). The only thing I can't import are my rules. I have nine or ten of them and if I can I would rather not remake them, although I will if I have to. Figured I'd ask first, no sense in reinventing the wheel if I don't have to. :)

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

From what I understand, rules are not included in any of your .PST files. You would have had to manually export them from the old installation before importing into the new. Once exported the rules settings should be stored in a file with the extension .rwz

Not sure if this thread will help but you may want to check it out.

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...ed7f1567749/e7b282bb3e4518c2#e7b282bb3e4518c2

Regards,
    Rollin

3. Zack Barresse

Hmm, well I didn't do that.. Anyway to do it post-partum?

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

What type of mail account was this? You may want to check the link I added to my post above.

Regards,
    Rollin

5. Zack Barresse

I had multiple accounts, all POP3 accounts. I'll check out your link tomorrow. Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice